Are you a talented individual looking to make a difference? Are you interested in legal matters pertaining to immigration and the international community living in the United States? Send us your resume, we want to meet you!
At Diaspora Law we are always interested to meet other community members and professionals who share our guiding principles and business philosophy. Whether you are in administration, marketing, research, or want to become a practicing lawyer in our firm, we are always interested in meeting you. Submit your Resume!
Diaspora Law is accepting applications for more than one entry-level associate and lateral attorney to join and support our dynamic New Jersey and Pennsylvania teams. The attorney will provide legal representation in immigration, naturalization, and citizenship concerns in criminal, family, employment, and business matters.
- Minimum bilingual in Spanish. Multilingual a plus.
- Admission to a state bar required, additional bars a plus. Preference for NJ and PA. Law school graduates without bar passage welcome to apply.
- Litigation experience a plus.
- 1+ years of immigration law experience preferred; overlapping experience handling criminal and business matters a plus.
- Ability to handle a demanding caseload, and accommodate unanticipated spikes in workload while maintaining flexibility under pressure required.
- Strong writing and organizational skills, strategic thinker and able to work proactively with minimal supervision required.
A successful candidate will have the ability and drive to procure, cultivate, and sustain his/her individual client base. The ideal attorney will have a portable book of business. This is an excellent career opportunity for the success-minded practitioner. The successful candidate is a professional who can provide exceptional customer service both to our clients and our internal team. Qualified applicants will possess excellent academic credentials and have strong writing, analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
Salary commensurate with experience and additional business, legal, and technical skill sets. Master in Business Administration or other fields a plus. All candidates will undergo a strict review of their social media prior to an interview.
Minimum bilingual in Spanish. Multilingual a plus. Individual must be proficient in English with good writing skills.
Candidate must have a positive, welcoming and professional demeanor. This position sets the first impression of the firm and is thereby responsible for courteously and respectfully welcoming clients from diverse backgrounds to our office. Strong interpersonal skills expected.
A successful candidate will be highly organized and demonstrate the ability to successfully manage multiple administrative tasks, have experience with a multi-line telephone, Microsoft Office and be able to learn new software. Dependability and punctuality are both required.
Responsibilities include Greeting visitors, answering phones in a professional manner. Effective communication within the firm and with outside contacts. Organization of files. Responsible for keeping a record of appearances in court, scheduling meetings, and processing payments. Must be able to keep calendars and records of supplies and inventory current for the office. Able to create various forms of effective correspondence, and perform data entry and general administrative tasks, such as scanning and filing of documents. Provide support to paralegals, attorneys, the office manager, and other staff, for the smooth operation of the office. This would include assisting attorneys in the preparation, filing, and tracking of various immigration applications and petitions, gathering supporting documents, and all other duties as assigned.
Beyond administrative tasks, individuals will be expected to devote time to community and client outreach.
Summer and Winter Associate Positions
Our Summer and Winter Associate positions provide a valuable opportunity for Law and Masters students to work in a team of dedicated professionals, who represent clients from diverse backgrounds with various legal needs. Opportunities available at any one of our offices. While Diaspora Law is excited to work with any academic institution towards Academic Credit for our seasonal associates, stipends are available based on demand. Resumes and cover letters are welcome at [email protected].
Our Summer and Winter Associates will:
- Draft documents for immigration hearings, including motions, trial briefs, exhibit packets, subpoenas, affidavit drafts, and other trial materials.
- Shadow senior attorneys during preliminary master calendar hearings and individual merits hearings at Arlington Immigration Court.
- Assist attorneys during client interviews and meetings by note-taking and gathering information needed for cases.
- Research laws, statutes, regulations, court opinions, and other legal precedents on specific issues of law.
- Handle case management of client files and occasionally will have to communicate directly with clients. You will also be responsible for monitoring the status of some filed applications and petitions, and giving updates of such to the attorneys.
- Work diligently and assist attorneys with other tasks as they arise.
Diaspora Law is excited to work with any academic institution to provide exciting opportunities in business management and the practice of immigration law at any one of our offices. We encourage undergraduate, graduate and law student interest whether for academic credit or by stipend, availability based on demand. Resumes and cover letters are welcome at [email protected].