Are you a talented individual looking to make a difference? Are you interested in legal matters pertaining to immigration and the international community living in the United States? Send us your resume, we want to meet you!
At Diaspora Law we are always interested to meet other community members and professionals who share our guiding principles and business philosophy. Whether you are in administration, marketing, research, or want to become a practicing lawyer in our firm, we are always interested in meeting you. Submit your Resume!
Summer and Winter Associate Positions
Our Summer and Winter Associate positions provide a valuable opportunity for Law and Masters students to work in a team of dedicated professionals, who represent clients from diverse backgrounds with various legal needs. Opportunities available at any one of our offices. While Diaspora Law is excited to work with any academic institution towards Academic Credit for our seasonal associates, stipends are available based on demand. Resumes and cover letters are welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Summer and Winter Associates will:
- Draft documents for immigration hearings, including motions, trial briefs, exhibit packets, subpoenas, affidavit drafts, and other trial materials.
- Shadow senior attorneys during preliminary master calendar hearings and individual merits hearings at Arlington Immigration Court.
- Assist attorneys during client interviews and meetings by note-taking and gathering information needed for cases.
- Research laws, statutes, regulations, court opinions, and other legal precedents on specific issues of law.
- Handle case management of client files and occasionally will have to communicate directly with clients. You will also be responsible for monitoring the status of some filed applications and petitions, and giving updates of such to the attorneys.
- Work diligently and assist attorneys with other tasks as they arise.
Diaspora Law is excited to work with any academic institution to provide exciting opportunities in business management and the practice of immigration law at any one of our offices. We encourage undergraduate, graduate and law student interest whether for academic credit or by stipend, availability based on demand. Resumes and cover letters are welcome at email@example.com.